Personal Interview Questions (Sample)
BELOW IS JUST A SAMPLE OF THE INFORMATION THAT THE FRANCHISE RESOURCES CONSULTANT WILL BE ASKING.
- What are you currently doing?
- Why are you looking to change your current career?
- Why are you interested in owning your own business?
- Are you looking at other options of owning a business including:
- Becoming an independent consultant
- Developing a startup business
- Purchasing an existing business
- What goals have you set for yourself in your new business?
- When would you like to have your new business open?
- What is your time frame for opening a business, and what is driving this time frame?
- Your work history from present back to college or high school.
- Past or present business ownership?
- Likes and dislikes about your work experience or previous business?
- Veteran? What did you do in the military? Rank?
- What part of your current, past jobs or businesses owned have you liked doing the most? The least?
- List your skills and evaluate how well you perform each.
- Describe the work environment that is most appealing to you most?
- Does it matter what the product or service of the franchise business is, or does the business potential matter more?
- Do you have sales experience? Business development? Consulting experience? Management experience?
- Are you comfortable with sales and the sales process? Cold Calling?
- Do you have experience managing employees? Did you enjoy it?
- Do you want a business that is related to your past work experience or business ownership?
OTHER DECISION MAKERS & INFLUENCES
- Will your spouse be involved in the business? In what capacity?
- Does your spouse support the concept of you going into business?
- What is your spouse’s profession? Income?
- Will you have any partners? Will they be active or passive participants?
- Are you interested in a home-based, office-based, mobile, retail or food-related business?
- Do you plan on being an active (owner-operator) or a passive (absentee) owner?
- Part-time or full-time business?
- Would you want your business to provide services or products to other businesses, to consumers or both?
- Are you looking for a business that will build equity or build cash flow?
- What is your exit strategy for the business that you buy?
- How many years you are expecting to operate your new business?
BUSINESS SEARCH TO DATE
- How long have you been looking for a business?
- What businesses have you looked at?
- Why didn’t you buy any of the businesses that you looked at?
- Even though you didn’t buy what did you like and dislike about the businesses?
- Are there any types of businesses that you would like to explore - disregarding experience and financial consideration?
- Are there any types of businesses that you would definitely not like to explore?
- How many hours per day are you willing to work in your new business?
- Weekends? Holidays? Nights?
- Do you want a business where you can have family involvement?
- Where do you want the location of your business? Close to home? Within 30 minutes? Open to location? Willing to relocate?
- What are your hobbies and other interests?
- Do you like to help people, coach, or teach? Take care of people or animals?
- What is your investment range for a new business?
- How much capital do you have to invest? Liquid Capital? Net Worth?
- Can you afford to go without a regular income during the start up phase of your new business? For how long?
- What are your financial goals? Year 1, Year 2, Year 3?
- How do you see your lifestyle changing as a result of meeting your financial goals?
- How do you feel about the risk of becoming a business owner?
- Are you considering financing options? Family? Home Equity? SBA? Other?
- Do you have a 401K or other retirement plan that could be used to buy your business?
- How much equity do you have in your home?
- Do you know your credit score?
- Build a single unit
- Develop multiple units
- Develop a City or Region
- How long do you think you would own this business?
- Would you be looking to sell it at that time? To Whom?
- Provide it to family?
- Are you the type of person that would be more comfortable in a “tried & true” business, unique business, or new and innovative?
- Franchising is all about following someone else's system. Can you picture yourself in this role, executing a system you didn't create?